WACO-FM EVENING JOCK AND MUSIC DIRECTOR
The Evening Music Director / On-Air position is a leadership and operations role responsible for leading and managing all aspects of a radio station's on air experience, including talent, content, programming, and online presence. A successful Music Director will review and decide which programs and commercials will be broadcast, determine music play lists, and schedule programming. The Music Director identifies, recruits, and coaches on air talent with the goal of growing audience share, ratings, and revenue. The Music Director also partners with the sales and programming staff to ensure appropriate programming fit for client needs, and to create talent & radio station marketing, promotion, and image campaigns.
- Plan and oversee the on-air experience of the station, including tone, programming, production, sound & theme, website, online presence, and social media.
- Plan each day's radio programming and provide the radio DJ / audio engineer direction on content.
- Direct and monitor station's programming and activities in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, company policy and applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Evaluate programming available from distributors, syndicators, and independent producers to recommend acquisitions for broadcast.
- Review and approve all commercial and paid programming content.
- Attract and grow audience share, ratings, and revenue.
- Ensure that ratings are calculated, and advertisers are satisfied.
- Work with sales team to ensure appropriate programming fit for the client, station, and audience.
- Coordinate with programming and sales staff to plan and execute marketing, promotions, events, and image campaigns.
- Identify, recruit, manage, and coach on air talent, producers, news directors, and reporters (eg, frequent listening/aircheck sessions with on air talent).
- Schedule staff for on-air shifts, remotes, and appearances.
- Ensure staff has taken/passed/maintained all company programs, plans, and training (RBI, Payola/Plugola).
- Protect the station license.
- 1 year minimum programming / on air experience.
- Knowledge of FCC broadcast rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local contesting rules and regulations.
- Experience using tools to gather & analyze ratings data and then make business decisions based on the analysis (eg, PD Advantage, avg daily QUUM, Feature Tracker, etc.).
- Knowledge of Arbitron PPM and/or Diary data analysis.
- Working knowledge of RCS products including GSelector, Nexgen and Newsgen.
- Knowledge and appreciation of country music genre, excellent on-air performance, familiarity with radio programming.
- Sound judgment and quality decision making skills.
- Ability to multi-task and capable of working with specific deadlines, highly organized, and comfortable delegating responsibility.
- Flexible, creative, and innovative in using technology to deepen listener relationships.
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Superior communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Entrepreneurial and assertive in meeting goals.
- Ability to set expectations with others and manage performance.
- Ability to provide honest coaching and adjust communications style based on audience needs; Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence others, inspire innovation, and ensure a customer/client focus.
- Applicants MUST attach On-AIR Aircheck
SEE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE POSITION AVAILABLE:
*Full Time Sales
*Background in sales preferred
*Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, ESPP, 401K, EAP, Paid Vacation and Sick Leave.
iHeartMedia of Waco is looking for ambitious, Creative, self driven individuals to assist us in obtaining new partners to do business with Waco’s leading radio stations. You’ll meet new people, participate in exciting promotions, and your income potential is limited only by the amount of time and effort you are willing to invest to succeed. But most of all, you’ll love your job because radio is fun!
Print out application below and drop off or mail to iHeartMedia in Waco at 314 West State HI 6 (next to Providence Hospital)
iHeartMedia Website Recruitment Alert
If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers, and would like to receive job vacancy notices for iHeartMedia, please provide iHeartMedia with the name, mailing address, email address (if applicable), telephone number, fax number and contact person and identify the category or categories of vacancies for which you would like information specified to the following person at iHeartMedia:
iHeartMedia | Human Resources
314 W. State HWY 6 Waco, Texas 76712
It is the policy of iHeartMedia to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.
iHeartMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer